If you are interested in applying, here is the contact information:
Christine M. Pham
Attorney-Advisor, NASA Ames Research Center
Job Title: Attorney-Advisor
Department: National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)
Agency: NASA Ames Research Center
Salary Range: GS-12 – GS-14
Promotion Potential: GS-15
Position: Full-Time Permanent
Duty Location: Santa Clara County, CA
This announcement is open to all qualified U.S. citizens. This position subject to pre-employment background investigation.
NASA, the world's leader in space and aeronautics is always seeking outstanding and talented professionals to carry forward the great discovery process that its mission demands.
The Office of the Chief Counsel (Code DL) at NASA Ames Research Center is currently seeking interested applicants for the position of Attorney-Advisor. The incumbent is to be part of a small team of attorneys and legal professionals representing NASA and the United States Government, and ensuring integrity and excellence in the pursuit of NASA’s missions.
The incumbent will be asked to practice across a wide range of federal practice areas, including but not limited to:
- Federal acquisitions and contracts (formation of competitive solicitations, evaluations, and contract administration);
- Commercial and collaborative research and development agreements under various legal authorities used by NASA (Space Act, Economy Act, CRADA, etc.);
- Federal real property management and use (including enhanced use leasing);
- Federal ethics law and standards of conduct;
- Employment and labor law;
- Federal appropriations law;
- Information access;
- Handling of data and intellectual property; and
- Other federal practice areas as needed.
Incumbent will also serve as the Government’s legal representative in protests, claims, disputes, and other litigation matters in a variety of forums, such as Government Accountability Office (GAO), Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), United States Court of Federal Claims, and United States District Courts.
To qualify for the position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a member, in good standing, of the Bar in any state or Territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and 2. Have a professional law degree (J.D.).
3. Have relevant experience for the desired grade level